Pope Francis beatifies Paul VI
On Sunday, October 19, 2014, Pope Francis celebrated the Closing Mass for the Extraordinary Synod on the Family.
During the Mass in Saint Peter’s Square, the Holy Father beatified his predecessor, Pope Paul VI, whom he described as a “great Pope,” a “courageous Christian” and a “tireless apostle.”
Benedict XVI, although frail, followed the ceremony attentively.
In front of thousands of people, the Pope inscribed Paul VI in the Book of Saints.
"We declare that the Venerable Servant of God Paul VI, Pope, shall henceforth be invoked as Blessed...”
- Floribeth Mora Diaz at the meeting with the John Paul II Foundation Munich Chapter
- Pope Francis presides over opening Mass of Synod on the Family
- Vigil Prayer for the Preparation of the Extraordinary Synod on the Family
- Richard L. Krzyzanowski, Esq. 2014 "Pride of Polonia Award" Recipient
- Pope Francis: Angels Battle for Destiny of Mankind and Win