Pope Francis: The Eucharist is not a symbol, it is Jesus giving himself entirely
What is the dogma of the Assumption of Our Lady?
The Feast of the Assumption of Our Lady is celebrated every August 15th. The Church remembers Mary's death and passage into eternal life.
Years back, Pope Benedict XVI explained that it's a feast about the future that invites Christians to believe in the power of the Resurrection.
Pope Francis declares September 1st as a World Day of Prayer for Care of Creation
Francis made this announcement in a letter he sent to Cardinal Peter Turkson, president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, and Cardinal Kurt Koch, president of the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of Christian Unity, which was published by the Holy See Press Office this morning.
In the letter, the Pope reaffirmed how part of our responsibility as Christians involves resolving the ecological crisis which humanity is presently experiencing. In doing so, he stressed, we must first rediscover in our own "rich spiritual patrimony" the deepest motivations for our concern for the care of creation and how Jesus lived in the world.
- Indonesian Chapter of John Paul II Foundation
- Pope Francis signs up online as the first pilgrim for World Youth Day 2016 in Krakow
- The Holy Mass at the St. Peter's Basilica - April 27, 2015
- Official unveiling of the Benefactors’ Plaque, April 26, 2015
- Holy Mass at the Polish House in Rome, April 26, 2015